There is more going on here than some scientific evolutionary mandate. More than some Christian assertion. Theism is a necessarily insufficient description. Atheism is likewise necessarily short, conventional and stubbornly faithful to the power of terms to convey real truth. Our route to reality fails this moment. Faith rules in all sectors. Aitheism is merely… Continue reading There Is More
One of the first of our kind. Is dying out.
These gorgeous creatures are only found in the jungles of Madagascar. They will soon all be dead.
The burgeoning population of Madagascar is short of food. They are hunting the docile lemurs for meat. They are burning great swathes of jungle to clear it for farming land. 90% of the forest has already been cleared. The remaining 10% will all be gone in the next twenty years. Along with the lemurs and the rest of the rich indigenous animal population.
Unless something is done about it the whole world will be denuded of wilderness and jungle and all our wild-life eradicated.
Is that the sort of world we want to live in?
Do we really think we can survive when we’ve decimated the ecosystem that supports us?
Are we going to cut off the oxygen?
Without nature we are pathetic.
Someone has to do something about this insane population explosion…
View original post 5 more words
The difference of the Postmoderns was located of some essential transformation of being, founded upon a basic and necessary linkage of discourse to reality. That was all they had; the end of an era, of a particular world. By being able to notice this, we no longer make any statements about what is more… Continue reading Appropriation and meaning of discourse.
It is amusing and interesting how we can designate what terms and clauses are empty of truth, and what are full of truth. For example: "There is no now" supposes a fullness of truth located of the term 'now' to thereby argue its emptiness of truth. Whereas the whole clause and argument is filled with… Continue reading Living in the now is for losers
I just watched the movie "Automota". And was reminded of an essay of mine : From reading an essay a few days ago, I was reminded of The Postmodern Generator. You can go read a good essay at:http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/ Now when I say 'good' I mean it can make sense. If you have never heard of… Continue reading repost. The Matter At Hand, Part 1: Post-Modernism, Artificial Intelligence, the Conventional Limit, and Object Oriented Ontology.
The Philosophical Hack. I'm gonna start some notes and things toward another book. Some of you may have noticed that my first book is the first in the series “The Philosophical Hack”. The idea behind this is a disruption of what we know as philosophy. Now, I don't mean like ‘I have a philosophy of… Continue reading The Philosophical Hack